Appeals And Post Convictions Motions

louis_carresDon’t give up hope if you get convicted after a trial. You almost always have an absolute right to an appeal upon conviction. This must be done in a timely manner. Even if you were satisfied with your trial lawyer’s efforts, not all criminal trial lawyers have experience or desire to effectively handle an appellate case. I do this type of work.

I partner with Louis Carres, Esq. on Appeals and related Post Conviction Motions. Mr. Carres is a graduate of Stetson College of Law and has been admitted to practice law in the State of Florida since 1969. He has focused his practice on appellate matters since 1976, having been Chief Appellate Assistant Public Defender in Tallahassee, FL in addition to many years as a Senior Appellate Assistant for the Public Defender in Palm Beach County, before going into private practice. Mr. Carres and I handle 3.850 Motions throughout the State of Florida.

Together, we have over 74 years of combined legal experience to work for you. The best news is that we don’t charge a double fee for our efforts. When you hire us for appellate or post conviction matters we charge a competitive, yet reasonable fee.

Experienced appellate attorneys can also assist your trial attorney, prior to trial in going over issues that can help you win but also to ensure that issues needed to be preserved for appeal, are handled correctly.

Although our offices are in Palm Beach County, we handle Appellate and Post Conviction Motions throughout the entire State of Florida.

It is crucial not to delay engaging a Criminal Appellate or Post Conviction Motion attorney. There are strict time limits for filing and if you procrastinate, you may forever, give up your right to getting justice.

3.800 Motions for Correction, Reduction and Modification of Sentences

Oftentimes it turns out that people are unlawfully sentenced and receive a harsher penalty than they deserve. This usually occurs when errors are made on the guideline scoresheet or when someone is designated as a Prison Release Reoffender (PRR) when they shouldn’t be. If you are looking for a experienced criminal lawyers to assist you or a loved one.

3.850 Motions to Vacate, Set Aside or Correct Sentences

One of the most common Post Conviction Motions is the “3.850”. If you lose your trial and you lose your appeal, you still have an effective method for seeking relief from your conviction and sentence. Appeals don’t address how competent or incompetent your lawyer was at trial or on appeal. If your trial or appellate lawyers’ performance falls below that of a competent attorney, you may be entitled to have your conviction and sentence reversed and remanded for a new trial or plea. It is important to seek the advice of a criminal attorney who has experience handling 3.850 Motions. For most 3.850’s there is a 2 year time limit for filing, so it is important to engage a qualified attorney as soon as possible.